402 - 550 HP
7, 8 & 9
Grain Tank Size
315 - 410 bu.
4.0 - 4.5 bu./sec
Case IH Axial-Flow 8250
New for 2022
High-efficiency Harvesting and Maximum Comfort
See the latest features and updates for the Axial-Flow 250 series combines.
- New deluxe cab comfort features including a heated and ventilated seat with adjustable seat support. Leather Seat, Premium Heated and ventilated red leather high-back operator seat, with air bolsters, lumbar adjustments, and red leather instructor seat. Positive Response air suspension
- The Chrome edition has been expanded to all luxury package options for small grains, coarse grains and rice producers to ensure added parts durability
- New configurable raise and lower buttons for the reel and header
- New LED lighting gives you a harvest like you’ve never seen before, with maximum visibility for long days that stretch into night
- Rice crops are now supported for AFS Harvest Command and retrofittable to Model Year 2019
- Improved automated header height control (AHHC) for more responsive corn head operation
- New auto clean out feature allows you to easily clean your machine between crop types or varieties with an one button push on the Pro 700 display
Maximum Durability for High-wear Crops
Engineered and designed to withstand the toughest harvesting conditions and abrasive crops, the 250 series Axial-Flow Chrome Edition is an ideal solution for producers growing high-wear crops. Available for all models, the Chrome Edition package is equipped with more durable and longer-lasting components so you can stay productive through every harvest, season after season.
Download Brochure Learn More
Food Grade Harvesting
Every Bushel Counts
All year long, you’ve put in the hard work to create incredible acres of food grade crops,including corn, popcorn, lentils, wheat, and rice. Now it’s time to collect. Every detail of Axial-Flow 250 series combines is designed to get every bushel out of your food grade harvest.
- AFS Harvest Command automatically adjusts seven machine settings based upon 16sensor inputs and comprehensive algorithms to maximize grain quality.
- Grain Quality Mode helps every operator achieve food grade quality in the grain tankwhile also saving grain and optimizing throughout.
- Axial-Flow 250 series combines can be easily configured to achieve food grade qualityharvests.
- With the AFX rotor and a choice of six threshing and separating modules, the combinecan be adapted to different crops and threshing conditions with the use of straight bars,spiked rasp bars and helical kickers.
- It’s simple to clear crop material out of the threshing, separating and cleaning systemswith an automated cleanout feature.
Gentle on Grain
- Gentle grain-on-grain threshing is the hallmark of the Axial-Flow design. From feeding tocleaning, the entire system is designed to minimize grain damage.
- Case IH corn headers incorporate pinching-style stalk rolls to cleanly pull the stalks through the row unit and deck plates and gently snap the ear off the stalk to minimizegrain loss.
- Deck plates that gently curve downward match the ear’s profile and significantly reduceyield loss.
Solutions to Fit the Way You Farm
With the 250 series Axial-Flow® combines, you can choose from three levels of automation technology so you can pick the right level to fit your operation. Plus, allnew Model Year 250 series combines come with factory-fit telematics and a five-year subscription to AFS Connect to monitor and manage your farm and fleet.
- Standard: Standard on every combine is the Automatic Crop Settings, which allows producers to customize and save preferred combine settings by crop on the Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) Pro 700 display
- Feedrate Control: Optional Feedrate Control to more accurately control ground speed based on crop load, engine power and ground speed limits set by the operator.
- Full Automation: Optional AFS Harvest Command™ combine automation system proactively senses and optimizes machine performance for you.
The Proof Is in the Sample
High-capacity combines need large high-capacity cleaning systems. Axial-Flow combines match cleaning system capacity to the size of the machine, providing superior productivity, grain sample quality and savings. The patented design of the Cross Flow™ cleaning system fan delivers consistently clean grain samples no matter the harvest condition. The result is exceptional grain quality, ideal for food-grade crops or crops grown by any producer who demands the most from his/her machine.
Self-leveling Cleaning System (SLS)
- Optimize cleaning efficiency on flat fields or hills with self-leveling sieves up to 12 percent slope each way
- Axial-Flow® 250 series raises the bar with an in-cab, adjustable pre-sieve that allows the operator to make adjustments on the go to maximize grain quality
Tri-Sweep™ Tailings Processor
- Using three sets of impellers, the processor gently re-threshes and elevates the tailings, returning them back to the active grain pan for final cleaning
- This results in higher machine capacity, increased harvest efficiency and improved grain quality
Active Grain Pan
- Move grain and material other than grain (MOG) to the cleaning system
- Increases efficiency by separating the grain and other material through reciprocating action before reaching the cleaning system
Cross Flow Fan
- After entering the fan, a vortex is created, which super charges the air flow, giving a full-balanced flow across the entire sieve
- Air enters the full width of the fan from the top — not the sides — resulting in superior air flow
Shift Into the Model for You
This transmission simplifies operation so you can use first gear for harvest and second gear for roading
Electric Shift Transmission
- Two-speed electric shift ground drive transmission for increased tractive effort, with HI/LO propulsion system to toggle between Hi and Lo ranges during harvest
- Reduces the need to stop and shift in field or on road
- Adjustable wider speed ranges for more power for climbing hills and propulsion through challenging ground conditions
- Provides greater torque through a wider speed range without shifting due to increased displacement of pumps and motors
- Improves traction and field performance with optional differential lock that is electrically actuated and hydraulically engaged
- Closed-loop sensing ensures constant speed control — like cruise control in a truck
- Maximize your harvest window with robust final drives that create greater durability and quick, seamless performance
- Enhanced road mode features improve fuel savings during transport and maximize fuel savings with economy mode and auto-idle RPM to automatically adjust engine RPM
Pump Drives/Separator Drives (PTO)
- Improved PTO gear case design ensures pumps and drives are operating efficiently throughout the entire rpm range
- Industry-exclusive CVT drive maximizes field efficiency, providing reduced complexity and maintenance
Patented Header to Feeder Ground Speed
- Automatically match header speed to ground speed with in-cab electronic variable feeder speed control
- Optimize grain savings in down-corn conditions
- Header and feeder automatically adapt to combine speed and put more grain in your tank
Tire and Track Options
Greater Flotation, Less Compaction
With unmatched traction and flotation, Axial-Flow combines are offered with a wide variety of tire and track options to meet your demands.
Quadtrac® Track System
- Two factory-installed 30- or 36-inch-wide rubber tracks are used to reduce ground pressure by 50% to 60%.
- Design results in less soil disturbance, a smooth and comfortable ride and less stress on your fields.
- Available for current Model Year combines, this factory-supplied option is fully suspended and delivers enhanced operator comfort and a smoother ride.
- Provides maximum flotation with less soil disturbance, helping reduce compaction with a larger footprint.
- Delivers improved harvest performance, with minimal header bounce, high flotation over wet fields and improved harvest quality with less grain shift.
- All wheels have shock isolation, while bogie wheels have roll compliance to provide additional shock absorption.
- High-speed version accommodates maximum transport speeds of 25 mph.
THRESHING & SEPARATING
Control Your Harvest
We pioneered single rotor development back in the 1960s. Since then, refinements, enhancements and improvements have led to the pinnacle in rotor performance — the AFX rotor. The AFX rotor can be set into many configurations, adapting to both crop and threshing conditions.
Transition Cone and Rotor Impellers
- Patented transition cone vanes and rotor impellers sweep crop from the feeder and gently accelerate it to threshing speed
- Requires no feed accelerator
- Transition cone and impeller draw in approximately 1,100 cubic feet per second through the feeder, providing increased visibility in dusty conditions
- 30-inch diameter AFX rotor design provides gentle, multiple-pass, grain-on-grain threshing along with centrifugal force separation
- Small Tube (ST) rice rotor is designed to handle touch rice conditions, coupled with the Chrome Edition combine, while providing smoother feeding and improved operational characteristics.
- Small tube rotor tube diameter has been reduced, with the addition of taller rasp bars, allowing for more of the tough rice straw to work through the entire length of the rotor
- Four modules, each weighing 40 pounds, can be changed within minutes to meet your harvest conditions and type of crop
- Three-piece in-feed ramp allows easier accessibility for improved maintenance
- Rotor cage delivers gentle, multiple-pass, grain-on-grain threshing and smoother crop flow
- Concentric rotor cage provides positive crop control and is perforated to allow 360-degree maximum-crop separation
Rotor Cage Vanes
- Optional, in-cab adjustable rotor cage vanes allow the rotors to be fine-tuned to optimize threshing and separating in varying crop conditions, and efficiently change from one crop to another
- Standard feature includes a gang of cage vanes that are manually adjustable with an easy turnbuckle
- Threshing chamber door seals, which help reduce chaff and dust build-up on the combine frame
- Reliable belt-driven rotor design
- Industry-exclusive Power Plus CVT drive provides shaft-driven power to the rotor
- CVT drive allows for in-cab rotor reversing and deslugging
Increase Functional Performance
250 series combines have a redesigned feeder house for demanding crop conditions. An optional feeder fore/aft face plate control enables adjustments to be made from the cab. A redesigned feeder top shaft drive coupler features a crown spline design for greatly improved durability. A simple, two-piece feeder floor design increases durability and improves crop feeding. Plus, up to 13,500 pounds in lift capacity helps handle even the largest chopping corn head on the market.
HeadersImproved and expanded header lineup provides the latest in harvesting technology. The following headers are available on the 250 series:
- Flex Auger
- Optional feeder fore/aft face plate control enables adjustments to be made from the cab
- Optional dual, high-capacity lateral tilt
- Optional high-capacity feeder drive components (for 4416 and 4418 narrow row chopping corn heads)
- A redesigned feeder top shaft drive coupler features a crown spline design for greatly improved durability
- A simple, two-piece feeder floor design increases durability and improves crop feeding
- Lower feeder gearbox handles the high horsepower requirements of chopping corn heads and larger headers
- Intermediate feeder gearbox protects the feeder with a dual wet clutch design
- Industry-exclusive Power Plus Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) combine drive provides continuous variable power, reducing complexity and maintenance
Maintain Easy, Effective Control
The Case IH residue management system is built to handle the tough residue associated with new crop genetics. This system delivers consistency across the larger header widths used on the Axial-Flow 250 series combines, helps prepare the ground for next year’s crop and can create consistent windrow formations and long straw for baling. From tillage to livestock demands, we offer the widest range of residue management features on the market.
Rotor Discharge Deflector
- Positioned directly behind the rotor, providing a central feeding point and deflecting residue toward the chopper
- Rotor discharge deflectors can be adjusted from in-cab or the right-hand side of the combine by a pin that can be placed into four different positions
- Improved windrow formation
- Blades are mounted in a spiral pattern, providing better chop quality
- Seven separate chopper/residue options to match your requirements
- Options include factory-installed X-tra Chop, a small-grains residue package for increased residue chop and sizing
- Two residue modes (spread and windrow) provide options to meet your residue requirements
- In-cab chop-to-swath option available
Hydraulically Driven Spreader
- Hydraulically driven residue spreaders are adjustable in-cab for on-the-go speed control
- Adjust spreading width manually by moving the dovetail in the center up or down
Reduce Your Unload Time
Large grain tanks, longer augers and quick-folding tool-free grain tank extensions are standard on all Axial-Flow combine models — resulting in more efficient field operation.
- Large clean-grain elevator designed to match greater throughput and capacity
High Unload Rates
- 7250/8250 unload rate of 4.0 bushels per second
- 9250 unload rate of 4.5 bushels per second
- Spend less time under the unloading auger with high unload rates
- 410 bushels standard grain tank size (315 bushel tank option on 7250)
- Standard tool-free quick-folding extensions
- Optional in-cab power-folding grain tank covers and extensions
Unload Auger Options
- Dual-cross auger control option (separate cross auger and unload)
- Base fixed 23 feet 6 inches for up to 30-foot headers
- Fixed 28 feet 9 inches for 35- to 40-foot headers
- Folding 28 feet 9 inches for 35- to 40-foot headers
- Folding 34 feet for up to 45-foot headers
- No limit to rear service deck access when auger is folded
- Optional pivoting spout increases unload efficiency: helps control the grain stream up to 3 feet — all from inside the cab
Unmatched Comfort, Visibility and Control
With one of the largest and quietest cabs among the foremost combine manufacturers, the Axial-Flow cab gives you industry-leading glass and unsurpassed sight lines so you can keep an eye on the entire header. With its ergonomic and intuitive design, you get maximized comfort and productivity. Climb up and enjoy - this is what leadership looks like.
- Standard USB charging ports provide easy access to in cab charging of devices
- Standard AM/FM/BluetoothWeather band radio
- Optional AM/FM/CD/Bluetooth® radio: 4 speakers, USB connection, 3.5 mm Aux jack on the key switch (iPod/MP3 connection)
- Cell Phone Holder: designed for maximum visibility directly below monitor
Right Hand Console
- On 250 series combines, the AFS Pro 700 display is located on the right-hand console on a side rail for ease of viewing
- Redesigned multi-function propulsion handle for maximum harvest control
- Right hand console controls are grouped by function for ease of use
- Cell phone cradle positioned on the front of right-hand console
- Chrome bezel around lights
- Standard halogen stadium lighting provides 8 halogen lights
- Optional LED distance lighting available; a total of 4 lights that mount to the mirror brackets on the cab
- Optional LED light package available; includes a total of 8 LED lights with chrome bezel
Instructional Seat / Work Area
- Cloth or optional high-backed leather seats
- Flip down backrest operates as work area and has a cup holder
- Allows for easy access to power outlet located by the seat
Steering Column & Steering Wheel
- Allows for improved movement and increased visibility while seated
- Steering wheel has an ergonomic design and Is leather wrapped for increased comfort; Standard on Luxury cab option
- Leg room:seat travel increased to provide improved leg room and foot space; foot pegs come standard
Portable Electric Refrigerator
- The training seat houses a portable electric fridge; Standard on Luxury cab option
- Fridge can be removed each night to take home, clean and repack
- Fridge can be plugged in to keep cool during transport from home to field
- Lid can be strapped to open simultaneously with the training seat for ease of use
- Two cords are provided with the fridge
Cab Trim Options
- Portable fridge
- Extra storage at rear
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Left & rear window shades
- Electric adjust mirrors
- Telescopic Steering
- Foot rest pedals
- Tinted glass with front shade
- Left hand shade
- Optional right hand shade
- Rear window shade; reduces glare from cab window on AFS Pro 700 monitor screen
- Cooled/Heated compartment; cooled or heated by HVAC system
- Rear storage behind the seat
- Storage to the right and left of the seat
- Right hand B-Post includes storage with two shelves
- Left hand B-Post includes storage with three shelves
Advanced Farming Systems (AFS)
Eliminate Guesswork. Simplify Your Harvest.
Case IH Advanced Farming Systems precision farming solutions integrate technology into your combine to put you in control of your harvest. From new AFS Harvest Command™ combine automation system to the factory-installed AFS AccuGuide™ autoguidance system and more, you have the tools to optimize harvest — no matter the field conditions or operation skillset. With the 250 series, AFS Connect™ is standard equipment complete with five years advanced subscription to AFS Connect™ on all new 250 series combines.
AFS Harvest Command AFS AccuGuide
AFS Pro 700 Display
- On-the-go yield monitoring and machine/guidance control
- Compatible with all Case IH equipment
- Easily transported between planting and application equipment
Precision Components to Maximize Yields
- Eliminate the need to steer in open fields
- Remove guesswork and ensure full header swaths around the field
- Optimize machine productivity and make each pass straight with real-time kinematic accuracy
- Control traffic patterns and decrease compaction
AFS Variety Tracking
- Keep accurate records of seed varieties, inputs and performance from planting through harvest
- Use planting data for up to 30 different seed varieties per field in conjunction with harvest data to easily and accurately analyze variety performance
- Adjust combine cut width when traveling through odd-shaped fields, point rows or other previously harvested areas
- GPS receiver provides more accurate area and yield calculations
Automatic Crop Settings — ACS
- Pick the crop type and let the combine set basic functions
- Save custom combine settings to reference at a later date
- Automatically slow the cleaning fan for headland turns
Precisely Manage Your Farm, Fleet and Data Anywhere From a Computer, Phone or Tablet
- Fleet Management: Coordinate unloading, maintenance and refueling to make the most of tight harvesting windows. Efficiently plan your day by sharing guidance lines, and field boundaries with multiple pieces of equipment.
- Visualize Data: Create and upload field boundaries with custom layers —from planting/seeding to harvesting. Aggregate data from multiple machines in one field and visualize actionable layers of agronomic data.
- Custom Reports: Build reports that show area worked, yield average, flow average, moisture average and more. Your agronomic data is all online and available to be used with the report builder tool to generate valuable activity reports for your landlords or other trusted partners.
- Custom Alerts: Receive notifications about yield moisture and other harvest data. Configure alerts straight to your mobile phone to notify you when the machine is operating outside of the parameters you set.
- Data Sharing: Seamlessly transfer harvesting data. Securely share information to farm managers, dealers or trusted partners as you choose.
Maintenance & Uptime
Make the Most of Your Season
Through customer-driven input, Case IH is committed to making your job easier, so you can maximize productivity.
- Convenient access with fewer belts and chains to adjust and maintain
- Exclusive, interactive PC training program helps you better understand the components, operation and adjustment of Axial-Flow combines
- Contact your local expert to learn more, compare specs or schedule a demo. To find your local dealer, visit the Case IH dealer locator
- Class: 8
- Rated Horsepower: 480
- Maximum Horsepower: 555
- Grain Tank Capacity: 410 bu (14,448 L)
- Emissions Compliance: Tier 4 B/Final